Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A Poor Choice for a Soldier



When I became the pastor of Antioch Baptist Church, I did so because I believed it was the Lord’s will for my life. Our pastor, David F. Reagan, had gone home to be with the Lord—in my mind, in the prime years of his ministry, and I had had every intention of serving alongside him for the foreseeable future. Obviously, God had different plans! I remember to this day lying awake one night fearful that I had taken up arms in a spiritual warfare so supreme that I was sure to be a poor choice by Pastor Reagan, Antioch Baptist Church, and ultimately the Lord.

Much of my initial suspicion has been proven to be true. The battle for the truth and for the souls of mankind is superior to all other battles. It is a battle to be fought with a fearful sense of the consequences of quitting and a holy awe of the One who chose us to be soldiers. I still consider myself a poor choice for a soldier, but I am honoured to put on the armour and take my station for the One who gave His life for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Child in the Manger